Monday, March 9, 2009

Lovely Lavender


I've been so excited about flowery recipes that I just had to start early. I made some lavender orange chocolate bark tonight to share with friends and, while a little heavy on the lavender, I am encouraged! I used white chocolate chips, orange zest, and culinary-grade lavender purchased at World Market. I set out to Home Depot this morning in search of Spanish Lavender for the garden, but didn't find any yet since it is still early in the planting season. Once I can find some and get it planted, the hot days of summer will surely yield a crop of lovely lavender and I'm still looking for more fun recipes for it all. Some I remember finding in the past are things like lavender lemonade, lavender scones, and lavender jelly, not to mention savory preparations for meats like lamb and duck. Ah, the promise of what's to come!

8 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks great! I blogged about you on my Blog! Can't wait to see more posts from you. Lets get together either this year or next to make our own Herbs de Provence with our own dried lavender?! Could be fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through loving pretty things. Great blog, and very impressive that you made lavender orange chocolate bark! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I just say - Sweet Nikki gave me some of that bark - and it was DELISH - my daughter and husband were RAVING about it. We think it is perfect, Nik - not too much lavender - just the RIGHT amount! (we all thought!) XOXO AND THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found you through loving pretty things.
    welcome to the blog world.
    you really are sooo creative.
    can't wait to read what else you have to share.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning! came over from Loving pretty things and had a little laugh, I posted today on my blog about lavender, but it was not as creative as yours!! :) Can't wait to see what else you will post on this sweet blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nikki! "Loving...." send me over. Welcome to Blogland!!! That bark looks too good!! I'll be back soon. Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at the bark! Yumm!! Welcome to blogland!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...why else would anyone blog?