Saturday, March 21, 2009

The garden is finally planted

It doesn't look like much when you start, does it? A big blank canvas with tiny little sprouts here and there. In our case, it is even a little more bleak with all of our weed paper down. But when I look at this, I can see what is coming! The three tomato cages will be positively bursting with tomatoes by July, the bean arch and the teepee will be covered with vines by the first of May, the sunflower house and the back left wall will have 7 or 8 foot tall sunflowers growing, and the strawberry patch will be loaded with blooms and berries. I love watching the garden grow and I'll post pictures of it as it changes over the next few months.

4 comments:

  1. Nikki- Looks like you have been very busy. Today I picked up some soil to start seeds indoors... our last hard frost date is May 15, so this will have to do for now. Your garden looks very well planned, I love how tidy it is. I may try the bean teepee, not sure if I can afford the space. I haven't got my plan all work out yet, but I am definitely inspired by your words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mindy! You'll have to post pictures of your seedlings as they come up. I love how cute they are all lined up in rows. Are you going to plant veggies, or are you starting flower annuals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden. I'd have space for that size if I took the playset out of our backyard. Some day it will go and my garden dream can begin. Can't wait to see the progress of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing! can not wait to see the pictures as they grow. you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...why else would anyone blog?